iDIS - Ask yourself the following questions?
Submitted by intec on Fri, 16/09/2011 - 08:27
- How much does it cost you to recover debt?
- Think about how many people you have chasing debt, are there a number of people chasing the same debtor?
- Are you interested in reducing costs for debt collection?
- In a time when every LA in the country is being forced to look at their costs in order to find savings, a joint approach to corporate debt recovery is a viable option.
- Do you share information on your debtors?
- Is it possible that you could have two department chasing the same debtor. Thats double the effort/cost for arguably the same result
- How many different departments within your organisation recover debts?
- Its likley that there are at least 3 different departments chasing debt for your LA, and there will almost certainly be some debtors that are being chased by more than one team
- Does your organisation use a number of systems to hold data on your payees?
- These will range from large business critical applications (e.g. Revenues & Benefits) to small individual spreadsheets, how do they cross match data?
- Do you find it difficult to provide/receive details of debtors?
- Have you got one point of contact that can tell you the amount of debt that is outstanding for one address/customer
- Do you have a corporate debt team in place?
- More and more LA's are looking at this as a corporate function, what are you doing?
- If you don’t have a corporate team, would you find it beneficial to have one?
- The benefits/savings you could get from this are potentially huge?
Can you answer the following questions?
- How many debtors do you have?
- Approximately how many debtors are there in your organisation in total?